Saturday, April 11, 2009

JOHNny stay home.. #2

So as I sit here watching the The Office all I can think about is John Wall (no homo) potentially going to play basketball at Duke University. Tonight Wall & the other top recruits in the 09 class will be playing in Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Oregon. For most of America this is probably their first look at this amazing talent. To most this is a sigh of relief cause I know for one I have watched his youtube highlight clips about 100 times since its been posted. It is setting up to be an exciting showcase. This morning while visiting my usual websites I found an awesome interview with John Wall and Ben the Blogger from the Blazer Edge. Here is an excerpt from it.

There are pros and cons to playing college ball with one of these guys, right? If you play with them you have a great chance to go deep in the tournament. You play without them, perhaps you get more exposure?

"It really doesn't even matter about the exposure.

I just want to go to a team that needs a point guard. That's where I'm trying to come in. I'm trying to be the missing piece to a team.

I don't want to come in and be the person they have to go to every key play because for a freshman that would be kind of tough. I wouldn't mind taking challenges but I'm going to be honest, it's going to be a tough one as a freshman, going through so many games, travelling.

So to have some veterans on the team and you come in and be the missing piece, that's going to be [what I'm looking for]."


SO BASICALLY ITS DUKE OR KENTUCKY.




No comments:

Post a Comment