Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Liar.

In 2005 Duke got the #1 rated Point Guard in the class. I did exactly what I have been doing with John Wall building up hype & envisioning him on owning. Then the season hit and I finally got to see him play. Utter let down. Greg Paulus was a huge bust. Through the 4 years there he only avg. 9 points and 4 assists constantly getting tourched night in and night out in each of his 4 season there. The only reason he was rated higher than Mario Chalmers & Monta Ellis was probably cause he was headed to Duke. The thought was probably that Duke doesn't recurit Slouches so this guy must be good. But looking back at that class everyone was ranked horribly, Hansbrough was the third rated PF behind Josh McRoberts and Richard Hendrix. Something interesting I also found was Andrew Bynum was headed to UCONN. Good thing he opted out of messing around on the collegiate level and cashed in before the age limit was set.

But i'm bringing Paulus up because I heard reports how he has a scheduled football tryout with the Green Bay Packers. I knew he was a QB in high school, but according to reports he was Nasty. Broke six state passing records and was offered full rides to University of Miami and Notre Dame. Also all of his brothers played Division 1A football, with his brother playing at UNC as a QB right now. So with all the accolades I wonder why this guy didn't play football straight out of high school.


But he was asked if he regreted choosing basketball over football, during an interview in January with USA Today & not for one second do I believe his answer.

"I wanted to play point guard, and I got a chance to do that and to play for Duke and Coach [Krzyzewski]," Paulus told USA Today. "I wouldn't change a thing."



This kid has to be the biggest liar in America.

1 comment:

  1. this is almost as gay as john wall.


    do not read my blog btwzz i have to write it for class.

    ReplyDelete